This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Top 10 Rated kid booster seat for car in 2021 Comparison Table
- Quick-release LATCH system
- Built-in carry handle
- Contoured ErgoBoost seat with double-foam padding
- Machine-washable fabrics and dishwasher-safe Cup holders
- Smooth, non-marking underside
- Converts from 5-point harness to belt-positioning booster
- Duo guard side-impact protection for head and torso, and steel-reinforced frame
- Zip & Wash seat pad with breathable 3D air Mesh backrest
- 4-Position recline, 9-position headrest, and deep ergonomic seat with padding/contour
- Premium LATCH connectors with super Cinch tightened and lock Sure belt-tightening system for easy installation
- The big kid accommodates a child up to 110 lb, 40 -57 inch, and at least 4 years of age.
- The included belt clip helps safely position the vehicle's belt on your child's shoulder.
- 6 height positions offer a better fit as they grow, and can be easily adjusted with 1 hand.
- Trusted quality, upgraded design: Looking for frontier? Grow with you ClickTight is our newest harness to booster car seat
- Install confidently: With ClickTight, you know it’s right in just 3 easy steps. Open, thread & buckle, close. Shoulder width: 12 inch
- 2 in 1 booster seat: Easily transitions from forward facing harness mode to belt positioning booster mode as your child grows from toddler to big kid
- Premium, soft touch fabrics: 4-way stretch athleisure fabric combines style and function for a modern look that’s easy to clean
- More comfort: Stay put, soft comfort pads keep your child's neck from rubbing against the harness strap. Seating compartment height - 23.5 inches
- SECURE FIT – The Cosco Topside Booster Car Seat gives your little one the extra height they need so that your car’s seat belt will fit safely and securely on them.
- SUITABLE FOR 40-100 POUNDS – The seat is designed to hold children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and from 43″ to 57″ in height.
- EXTRA COMFY PLUSH PAD – The booster helps make long rides more comfortable thanks to the plush padding on the seat.
- EASY TO MOVE AND INSTALL – Need to change cars? The lightweight design and compact size make it easy to move from car to car. It’s that easy!
- LEAVES CAR SEATS UNMARKED – The Cosco Topside Booster Seat has been carefully designed to leave your car seats unmarked. This will help keep your car seats to remain smoother, without the annoying indentations other seats leave behind.
- 5-POINT HARNESS SECURITY: Two position points at each shoulder, two position points at the child's hips, and one point where the harness buckles between the legs to give your child the best possible protection
- 3 HARNESS POSITIONS: There are three slots to position the harness shoulder straps depending on the age and height of your child. Shoulder straps should be at or just above the shoulders whenever using a forward-facing car seat
- TWO MODE OPTIONS: This forward-facing five-point harness car seat is made for children weighing between 22 and 65 pounds and 29 to 49 inches in height. Converts to a belt-positioning booster seat for older children weighing between 40 and 100 pounds and 38 to 57 inches in height. We recommend using the 5-point harness to the maximum recommended weight and height before using this car seat as a belt-positioning booster
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: This seat exceeds Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS 213). Side Impact Tested only when used with a 5-point harness. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety "Best Bet" rating when used as a belt-positioning booster
- ADDED COMFORT: Three-position adjustable height headrest is equipped with energy-absorbing EPS foam. Two cup holders provide added convenience to hold drinks or store treats
- Package Content & Age: The package includes one Car Seat Footrest that's compatible with all car and booster seats. The Footrest should be used as soon as kids are walking and are sitting in a forward-facing car seat up until their legs reach the floor of the vehicle.
- Installation: The Footrest easily attaches to the latch behind the seat. For cars that don't have the latching system it also comes with hooks that slip under the seat. The footrest can also be easily folded down for easy access in and out of the car.
- Medically Approved/Recommended: Dr. Lee Am a prestigious orthopedic surgeon has highly recommended the Footrest as the number one travel accessory that every parent should have. The Footrest prevents kids from misbehaving by increasing their comfort as well as providing long term leg protection for their knees.
- Adjustability & Ease of use: The Footrest has an easy height and angle adjustability to fit different heights and different comfort levels.
- Crash Tested & Safety: The Kneeguard Kids successfully passed intense crash and safety testing including standards set forth by FMVSV 213 so there is no compromise on children's safety when using the Footrest. The Kneeguard Kid's footrest has successfully been patented in the US.
- PORTABLE AND PACKABLE | Car seats no longer have to be heavy, bulky and impractical. The hiccapop UberBoost portable car seat inflates with only a few breaths (takes less than 20 seconds), and installs easily and quickly. Deflates and rolls up tightly in its own travel bag for compact fit in suitcases, carry-ons, large purse or backpack.
- CERTIFIED SAFE FOR YOUR MOST PRECIOUS CARGO | Your child deserves a comfortable and safe car seat for those quick journeys in rental cars, taxis, Uber rides, on school trips or in car pools. Meets or exceeds all federal standards for car seat safety (FMVSS213 Federal Motor Safety Standard for USA).
- STURDY, STABLE, SECURE | Non-skid base is designed to sit firm and steady on leather, vinyl or cloth seats. Provides soothing stability while riding and limits movement in case of an accident. Gentle on your upholstery.
- PRACTICAL DIMENSIONS | Narrow yet roomy design allows you to fit 3 UberBoost inflatable car seats across the back seat of smaller vehicles, or fit 1 in between 2 traditional car seats. Perfectly accommodates large families, car poolers and busy soccer moms!
- SECURITY AND COMFORT | Buoyant and extra comfy for small bottoms. (Your little one will love the ultra cushiony design!) Positioning clips ensure that child’s belt fits properly and comfortably across the lap rather than dangerously digging into the stomach, preventing internal damage in the event of an accident.
- Extended Use: Forward-facing with harness 30-65 pounds and Belt-positioning Booster 40-100 pounds
- Designed to fit 3 across in most vehicles - Great for growing families and car pools
- Lightweight and easy to move from car to car
- Deluxe fabric gives kids a comfy ride
- Dishwasher-safe cup holder detaches for use on either side of seat
- KEEP KIDS SAFE THROUGH TWO STAGES - The Cosco Highback Booster car seat takes your child from 22 lbs. to 80 lbs. with its two different modes. Use the 5-point harness for smaller children and convert it to a belt-positioning booster seat as they grow.
- 2-IN-1 SAFETY SEAT - The Highback Booster is LATCH equipped and features a 5-point harness that can be adjusted from the front. As the child grows, simply remove the harness to use it as a belt-positioning booster car seat.
- SHOULDER BELT GUIDES - While in belt-positioning booster seat mode, the shoulder belt guides provide parents with two options for threading the vehicle seat belt to give children of different heights a better fit.
- MACHINE WASHABLE SEAT FABRIC -Messes happen. When they do, you can easily remove the seat pad and clean it in a washing machine and dryer.
- REMOVABLE AND DISHWASHER-SAFE CUP HOLDER - The removable and dishwasher-safe cup holder allows for easy cleanup of spills.
Our Best Choice: WhizRider, Most Compact, Safe Portable Car Seat Ever – Harness-Style Restraint System for Carpooling, Ride-Sharing, 3-in-A-Row, Travel, and More. (Blue/Large)
The game-changer for family travel
Meet WhizRider – A Truly Portable Car Seat Solution
It’s the perfect travel tool for families with kids, who use car-sharing apps and taxis. Fantastic for carpooling, unexpected pick-ups as well. Family travel has never been safer or more convenient.
The Perfect On-The-Go Supplement To Your Regular Car Seat
Part of your bag
Spontaneous, unplanned trips
Carpooling, fits 3-in-a-row
Learn More About WhizRider
Installing WhizRider is a simple process, helping you feel confident that your child is securely restrained for every ride
Integrating the harness system into a vest makes it easy and fast to put on
Comfortable to wear
Don’t Let Bulky Car Seats Slow Your Family Down
Fits in every purse
Size of a medium coffee cup
Weighs less than 1 pound
How Can Something So Small Be So Safe?
Harness-style restraint system designed together with leading accident researcher and biomechanical engineers.
No Submarining: Leg loops prevent children from sliding forward and submarining (sliding under the lap belt), a common problem with boosters.
Optimal Seat Belt Placement: Steel safety clips keep the seat belt in correct position on the lap and shoulder, even when children wiggle or fall asleep.
The Innovative Child Restraint System
What are the age, weight, and size requirements?
Height: 37.5 to 49 inches / Weight: 30 to 55 lbs / Chest Diameter: 25 inches or smaller / Age: 3 years or older
Height: 47 to 57 inches / Weight: 47 to 80 lbs / Chest Diameter: 30 inches or smaller / Age: 6 years or older
How do you sanitize after being in public transportation?
The WhizRider vest is made of a water repellent material for easy cleaning. Wash with a wet cloth and mild soap. Do not use fabric softener and do not machine wash. Air dry. Do not tumble dry.
Is WhizRider made responsibly?
WhizRider contains no harmful substances and is certified carbon neutral.
How do you put WhizRider on?
1. Place vest on child / 2. Close chest and leg loop buckles / 3. Buckle up the child / 4. Insert vehicle lap belt into the steel, leg loop clips / 5. Insert vehicle shoulder belt into the steel, shoulder clip
How was WhizRider tested?
WhizRider meets and exceeds the requirements of the US Federal Regulation Standard FMVSS 213 for Child Restraint Systems and FMVSS 302 for Flammability of Interior Materials.
About the Startup
Paul and Toni
Describe your products in 3 words.
portable, safe, convenient
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
WhizRider was created by two active Swiss dads and good friends…
As two fathers traveling and living in big cities with our families, we couldn’t find a suitable solution to secure our children and get around safely.
“We wanted to safely commute and carpool in the city with our children, and always have an option when something came up or plans changed“.
This inspired Andy and Daniel to create WhizRider.
What makes your product special?
WhizRider is the most convenient, portable car seat option for kids ever designed.
– It fits every bag or purse
– It’s extremely convenient and easy to use
– It’s safe as a booster
WhizRider is an innovative child restraint system, created based on the latest information from the biomechanics and accident research field. The new product concept keeps the vehicle safety belt in optimal position and prevents children from sliding forward and submarining (sliding under the lap belt), a common problem with boosters.
WhizRider is the game-changer for family travel and the perfect supplement to your regular car seat for ride-sharing (Uber and Lyft), taxis, carpooling, car rental, family travel and for on-the-go.
Travel anywhere anytime. WhizRider Goes Where You Go…
What has been the best part of your experience?
The amazing feedback we get from families every day…
– As a pediatrician and a stringent mom on car seat safety – I was skeptical, but after research and we used it on our 6-year old for a vacation I’m sold. This is a game-changer for so many children – taxis, grandparents, carpools, travel, daily use!
– My child has been using another brand for more than 3 years but once she wore WhizRider for the first time she never wants the other one anymore.
– Uber/Lyft always amaze and ask questions about it.
…this is the most beautiful thing you can get as a startup.
POCKET-SIZED – weighs less than 1 pound and small as a medium cup of coffee
COMPLIES with U.S. Safety Standards (FMVSS 213)
RECOMMENDED BY CPS INSTRUCTORS for ride sharing (Uber & Lyft), taxis, 3 in a row, car rental – the game changer for family travel
AVAILABLE IN TWO SIZES. SMALL: Height 37.5 to 49 inches, Weight 30 to 55 lbs., Chest Diameter 25 inches or smaller, at least 3 years of age. / LARGE: Height 47 to 57 inches, Weight 47 to 80 lbs., Chest Diameter 30 inches or smaller, 6 years or older
HOW DOES WHIZRIDER WORK – Unlike a booster seat lifting the child up, the WhizRider harness pulls the shoulder belt down to the correct level and secures the whole seatbelt in an optimal position around the wearer – that is, around the top of her/his shoulder and over the upper thighs. WhizRider riders are also held in place with leg loops that prevent sliding forward or submarining under the lap belt.