This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Electric scooters are all the rage these days. They are an environment-friendly and cost-effective alternative to traditional two-wheelers that run on fossil fuels.
In fact, there are so many options available that people now have an overabundance of choices. This makes it really difficult to find the one scooter that fits your needs perfectly. But there are some scooters that clearly stand out and make this decision easy.
Razor EcoSmart Metro electric scooter is one such product that fares well on almost all counts and does not really have any significant flaws.
In this review, we will first elaborate on all of its best features and then list the pros and cons to help you make your purchase decision.
Best Product Features
This is an environmentally-friendly, electric, sit-down scooter from the popular scooter brand, Razor. And it comes packed with a lot of useful features. It is an affordable scooter that does not disappoint on any front, be it design or comfort or usefulness.
It is, however, suited only for short trips (40-60 minutes) and longer trips are best avoided unless you have numerous re-charging possibilities along your route.
Let’s deep dive and look into some of this product’s best features.
High-Torque 500W Motor
The scooter comes equipped with a powerful 500W high-torque motor with a 36V electric system. The motor is placed right under the scooter deck and does not affect the scooter’s riding or cruising experience. It is a silent motor that does not make any unnecessary noise.
The scooter is ideal for short trips around the neighborhood and gives a runtime of approximately 60 minutes. However, it is not suitable for long rides because re-charging would be needed multiple times.
The product comes with a battery charger and all the tools required for assembling it. The assembly is easy and can be done by anyone after reading the instructions.
The product comes with a 90-day warranty and the trust of a leading brand (Razor).
Pros And Cons
- A sleek and environmentally-friendly scooter that runs on electric power instead of fossil fuels and is made of sustainable materials like wood instead of plastics.
- With adjustable handlebars and seat, comfortable, ultra-padded seats, and a wide solid deck, this scooter takes comfort to the next level.
- Razor Metro comes equipped with a powerful 500W high-torque motor, which is practically noise-free. Another feature that adds to this scooter’s environment-friendliness.
- It has a solid build but is still light-weight with an impressive maximum speed of 18-20 miles per hour.
- Given the number of features it has, this product is practically a bargain at a comparatively lower price than other similar scooters.
- The battery needs to be charged for 12 hours and runs for only 40-60 minutes, which is a bit annoying.
- The battery placement under the deck, while not a problem if riding in a city, might cause problems in uneven terrains and bumpy roads.
Also see: Razor E100 Electric Scooter Review