“Livin’ loud” are the words that adorn the box of the Kicker Hideaway 11HS8, so, let’s see if the company’s claim is in fact true?
Kicker is famed as being the first company to actually build a car subwoofer like this the right way, i.e., being able to fit in tight spots and work properly.
The 11HS8 is the latest in their long line of car subwoofer improvements, and it is the subject of this review: the Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 Review, which shall discuss its in-depth details and review its Pros and Cons.
But, What Do You Need To Know?
Subwoofers are dedicated to transmitting sounds that enhance regular audio speaker frequencies. Their output is referred to as bass, or sub-bass due to their deep nature and effect of adding low-end life into music.
Everyone looks at getting the best product that doesn’t compromise on design. You also look at a color that matches or complements existing colors.
This Kicker Hideaway doesn’t compromise on aesthetics while giving you the best audio production other brands only dream of.
Why, Hideaway 11HS8 is the first compact powered subwoofer to have won the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations award winner for engineering and design.
Its black color and dimensions are a great compliment for the interior of your car. This woofer is an under seat subwoofer, but a few customers place it in their boot or in their vehicle back seats.
Bottom line, it does well just about anywhere!
So, let’s take a look at what special and not so special features this compact subwoofer has…
At an RMS power of 150 watts at 14.4 volts, this woofer produces more bottom-end than you need without putting pressure on the power of your vehicle. It has a wide low-end frequency response of 25-120Hz and bass boost of 6+db @ 40Hz.
These numbers despite its dimensions of 13 ⅞ inches x 9 ⅜ inches x 3 ⅛ inches are very impressive indeed.
This woofer also features an automatic hi/low converter to ensure you always get the best output every time without having to reset its settings manually.
The Hideaway 11HS8 can hit really low notes without thinning out. While it does this as one of its automatic features, you can use the remote control or the bass knob to adjust these levels to better perform according to your liking.
Whatever this may be, you are sure to thunderously rock your ride with this woofer in it.
There is a detailed manual with pictures in the box which makes it easy to install this product. Also included are Nylon straps with Velcro® fasteners to mount the sub, as well as a quick disconnect harness with power and signal wiring.
These among others should make the installation a walkover for you.
Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 Highlights
- 8″ compact powered subwoofer.
- Built-in 150 watts RMS amplifier.
- Frequency response: 25-120 Hz.
- Variable low-pass crossover: 50-120 Hz.
- Variable phase control: 0 or 180 degrees.
- Bass boost control (0dB to +6dB)
- Auto on and off switch.
- Remote control (wired).
- One year warranty.
What’s In The Box?
- 1 piece Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 subwoofer
- Wiring harness: 17.5 feet.
- Power input wire: 8 feet.
- Speaker level input: 2 feet.
- Ground wire: 2 feet.
- Wired remote control with 2 pieces ⅜ inch self-tapping pan head screws for mounting it.
- In-line fuse holder with one 15 amp ATO fuse (installed in fuse holder) and two 10 amp ATO fuses (1 installed in the chassis of the unit and 1 spare).
- Metal bracket (for mounting remote control).
- Remote cable (3.5mm stereo mini-plug on both ends).
- 2 pieces velcro mounting straps.
- 2 pieces gauge crimp-on ring terminals (10 – 12) with 1 gauge butt connector.
- 4 pieces flat washers for installing the 4 Mounting brackets.
- 4 pieces ¾ inch self-tapping pan head screws, 8 pieces 3/4″ self-tapping flat head screws, 4 pieces 1 ⅜ inches self-tapping flat head screws
- Mount template.
- Installation manual with pictorial guide: Multilingual – English, Spanish, German and French.
Also see: JL Audio 10W3v3 Subwoofer Review