This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you’re looking for a tough radio that can withstand the hardship of your job sites, this is the perfect article for you.
Jobsite radios are of great significance when it comes to worksites where gadgets might be subjected to hits and knocks. These radios are portable and can operate outdoors in extreme weathers conditions.
They are manufactured from extremely durable material that is shock, debris, dust and, in most cases, even water resistant.
Finding the best worksite radio can be extremely tough which is why here is a list of 10 worksite radios that will make your decision easier.
- Top 10 Best Jobsite Radios In 2020 Reviews
- 1 DEWALT 20V MAX/18V/12V Jobsite Radio
- 2 Milwaukee M12 Cordless Job-Site Radio 2590-20
- 3 Sangean U4 AM/FM-RBDS/Weather Alert/Bluetooth/Aux-in Ultra Rugged Rechargeable Digital Tuning Radio
- 4 DEWALT DWST08810 ToughSystem Music Player With Charger
- 5 Bosch Bluetooth Power Box Jobsite AM/FM Radio/Charger/Digital Media Stereo PB360C
- 6 Makita XRM02W 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Job Site Radio
- 7 Ridgid R84087 GEN5X 18-Volt Jobsite Radio
- 8 Bosch 18-Volt Or 120V Compact AM/FM Radio
- 9 ION Audio Job Rocker Plus
- 10 Milwaukee Electric Tool 2792-20 M18 Job Radio/Charger
- Best Jobsite Radio Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Jobsite Radios In 2020 Reviews
|Name||Weight||Run Time||Inbuilt Charger||Rating|
DEWALT 20V MAX,18V,12V Jobsite Radio
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.5 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.5 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
|(4.1 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.6 / 5)|
ION Audio Job Rocker Plus
|(4 / 5)|
|(4 / 5)|
1 DEWALT 20V MAX/18V/12V Jobsite Radio
This compact worksite radio comes with a 3-year warranty. It is extremely lightweight and hence quite portable. It come with a specialized storage box in which you can store your phone and plug it to charge.
It runs not only on output power but batteries as well, making it a suitable pick for jobsites. While it works well, it does have a small drawback. This beauty doesn’t come with batteries.
- It runs on 12V/18V/20V MAX battery packs.
- Has a USB power port to charge quickly.
- AC/DC power flexibility.
- Built-in device storage box to protect electronic devices from damage.
- A 360-degree roll cage with hanging cutouts for additional safety.
- Normal battery voltage is 18 volts, whereas maximum voltage is 20 volts.
- 3.5 mm Auxiliary input to connect MP3 players, etc.
2 Milwaukee M12 Cordless Job-Site Radio 2590-20
The Milwaukee M12 is one of the few portable job site radios with an exclusive digital tuner.
It is said to deliver the highest reception accuracy and signal clarity both for FM and AM bandwidths. It comes with waterproof speakers which allow you to listen to your favorite tracks even in harsh weather conditions.
The unit has MP3 compatibility which allows you to listen to the tracks of your choice without any trouble.
Since its lightweight and easily portable, it’s a good option for those who are looking for something simple and easy to handle. Plus, the unit is quite affordable as well and is easy to keep thanks to its small size. You can even hold it in your hand without any trouble.
- Weatherproof speakers made of aluminum
- Imported, made in China device.
- Shock absorbing housing
- Works both with AC/DV (M12 lithium-ion battery)
3 Sangean U4 AM/FM-RBDS/Weather Alert/Bluetooth/Aux-in Ultra Rugged Rechargeable Digital Tuning Radio
Sangean U4 claims to be the best unit out there due to loud and clear sound it products.
It receives signals from all 7 NOAA weather channels and is Public Alert Weather certified. It is perfect for people who live in areas that are prone to unpredictable weather conditions and may warm you about the hazardous weather conditions beforehand.
If you have a little extra money to invest this is surely worth your investment as it comes with rechargeable batteries which means you won’t have to buy new ones every single time.
The unit offers digital tuning and can auto scan stations. Hence, you will not be wasting time looking for what you need.
Equipped with HWS (Humane Wake System) with buzzer and radio it has adjustable nap timer, sleep timer, and snooze functionality.
- Public Alert Certified weather unit makes sue you stay safe at all hours.
- Shock, rain, and dust proof (IP64 water) hence highly durable.
- Bluetooth supported which means you can pair this with any smartphone or music playing device.
- Headphone jack lets you connect headphone with the unit.
- Backlight LCD display makes it very easy to read the screen.
4 DEWALT DWST08810 ToughSystem Music Player With Charger
The Dewalt radio is designed to give you a really clear and premium sound whether it’s through the radio or Bluetooth. You can either listen to the radio or to your favorite playlist through Bluetooth which has a range of 100 feet.
Thanks to a IP54, the unit is perfect for areas with a lot of dust and debris. Moreover, it is also water resistant.
With a three year warranty, the unit is quite durable and you will not have to worry about anything.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity which means you can pair this with any smartphone or music playing device from as far as 100 feet.
- Enjoy high quality sound from its 6 high fidelity speakers, which consist of 4 full range tweeters, a subwoofer, and an assisted bass resonator.
- The radio is water, dust, and shock resistant with a rating of IP54.
- It can charge 12/20V max batteries and can operate both on AC and battery.
- It has a 3.5mm aux input.
- DC output USB type socket for charging mobile phones or MP3 players. Normal battery voltage is 18 volts, whereas maximum voltage is 20 volts.
5 Bosch Bluetooth Power Box Jobsite AM/FM Radio/Charger/Digital Media Stereo PB360C
Bosch PB360C is a good sounding and highly durable worksite radio, thanks to its aluminum/rubber roll cage. Just like other good jobsite radios it comes with Bluetooth connectivity, however this radio by far has the highest range up till now – 150 feet.
It has 4 120V outlets which can be used to connect power tools when the radio is connected to the 120V power outlet.
While it works well, the unit does have a small problem as it is quite heavy and very big in size as well.
- The Bosch PB360C Jobsite Radio has Bluetooth connectivity with a wide range of 150 feet.
- Has a protective and durable aluminum and rubber roll cage and can work in harsh environments without trouble.
- Includes 4-way speakers and a subwoofer to project 360 degrees of outstanding sound quality in all directions. Moreover, it has separate controls for bass and treble. Other than this, it also offers equalizer customization.
- Runs on Bosch 18-Volt batteries. Plus you can also plug it into a 120V AC outlet.
6 Makita XRM02W 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless Job Site Radio
This particular radio has 2 side powerful speakers. Running on lithium batteries, the unit offers a runtime of 19 hours. Moreover ,it is made from protective bumper and is quite sturdy, which is why you will not have to worry about using it.
In addition to this, it has MP3 connectivity that can keep you entertained. However, it doesn’t come with antennas, which you can buy from the market to increase its abilities.
- Enjoy your favorite tracks with MP3 compatibility.
- Made in USA and has high standards.
- 10 Preset AM/FM buttons.
- Two, 3″ side-firing, loud speakers creating loud and clear sound.
- Protective bumpers to protect the unit.
7 Ridgid R84087 GEN5X 18-Volt Jobsite Radio
This radio comes with Bluetooth connectivity and is very easy to use. Plus, it has an edge over other similar units as it comes with its own app that allows you to control the radio remotely.
Other than this, you can change preset channels, control bass and treble settings, and keep track of the battery life without any trouble. All in all, the device has some amazing features.
- The rigid radio app allows the user to remotely control the radio through the app.
- It has a USB charging port and AUX port for your phone. You can charge your phone with this device without any trouble.
- It works on both AC/DC and is powered by an 18V battery.
- It has a storage compartment in which you can store your phone and MP3.
- Weather resistant, hence can be used in rain and dust without trouble.
8 Bosch 18-Volt Or 120V Compact AM/FM Radio
This is one of the most compact and lightweight jobsite radios on the market weight around just 4.1 pound. It boasts of 5-watt neodymium speakers that produce quality sound.
It is extremely robust making is suitable for harsh conditions. Plus, the 7 inch antenna ensures there are no reception issues.
- Weighing only 4 lbs., the unit is quite light in weight and compact in size.
- Two high quality, 5W neodymium speakers producing excellent sound.
- An external auxiliary port that lets you connect the device to media players.
- High strength shock-absorbing housing that make the unit very durable. It has been tested to handle 2 meter drops.
- Excellent FM.AM reception due to advanced digital signal processing.
- 10 Preset options.
- A 7” rotating antenna for great signals outside or inside.
- AC and DC connection, 18V Lithium-Ion batteries.
9 ION Audio Job Rocker Plus
If you are looking for a radio speaking that offers very loud sound then consider this beauty. It comes with a 50 watt speaker with top 6 preset channels.
Moreover, it has 2 AC power outlets that allow you to charge your devices without any trouble.
- It has a Bluetooth connectivity that allows wireless audio transmission.
- 1/4″ microphone input to make announcements.
- It has AC powered outlets and USB ports that let you charge your devices.
- It comes with a built-in battery that allows 50 hours of continuous use on a single charge.
- It a 50 watt powerful speaker.
10 Milwaukee Electric Tool 2792-20 M18 Job Radio/Charger
Another beauty from Milwaukee on this list as it is one of the most reliable companies making jobsite radios.
It is known to produce rich sounds and has wireless functionality as well. The device is also quite easy to use even looks good.
While it is great, it does have a few minor issues. For example, the volume knob can be a bit difficult to handle.
- Wireless compatibility with excellent Bluetooth signals.
- Customizable equalizer.
- Premium, high quality speakers and 40W amplifier.
- Lithium-Ion batteries
- 10 Preset stations.
- Weather-sealed compartment lets you store your belongings.
Best Jobsite Radio Buying Guide
When it comes to selecting the best radio it can often get confusing and we understand that. Even though all of the radios on this list are the best, it is still important to pick one keeping your requirements in mind.
Pay attention to the following factors:
It is important to choose a radio that is light in weight and easy to handle so that you have no trouble in moving it around. Some units even have handle that make it a breeze to carry the unit so pay attention to this feature.
- Sound Quality
This is very important as some radios may not produce loud or clear sound. Pay attention to how many speaker a unit has and how powerful they are. Other than this, see if it offers equalizer and other such features, too.
A minimum of 5W is said to be good.
- Aux Input
Make sure that your radio comes with a 3.5 mm Aux input so that you can easily connect a headphone to it.
Pick a unit that offers rechargeable batteries so that you can save money on them. Plus, some units come with a charger while some require that you invest in one. So pay attention to this feature, too.
Moreover, a USB port can be useful, too, since it lets you charge your mobile devices.
- Run Time
The run time is extremely important so that you do not have to rush to a power source every few hours.
- Bluetooth Connectivity
This is important since most jobsite radios do not have CD players and the only way to listen to your favorite music is to use Bluetooth devices. Plus, some radios may have their own app as well, offering more easy.
Make sure to pick a unit that is durable so that it can use it on your jobsite without any trouble.