Chicco has made a name for themselves by offering superior gear at affordable prices. The Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Booster does not disappoint. It stands out from the crowd as a well-designed booster seat that provides a lot for tots.
Undoubtedly, any time you purchase a car seat for your child, you want a model that promises superior safety. The KidFit booster was engineered with safety first features and a few extras that you will love. Please continue reading this review to learn all of the basics that this booster has to offer plus what sets it apart from the competition.
What Makes The Chicco KidFit 2-in1 Booster So Special?
Here is a list of the critical features of the Chico KidFit 2-in-1 Booster:
- Superior safety with the DuoZone head and shoulder protection
- Ten height positions
- 2-position backrest
- Adapts to your vehicle’s shape
- SuperCinch tighter that works with the popular LATCH system
- Double ErgoBoost padding and contoured seat for comfort and physical support
- Converts to a backless booster
- Machine washable padding and armrest covers
- Earned the impressive Best Bet rating on IIHS
What Size Child Does The Chico KidFit Booster Support?
The maximum weight for the booster seat is 110 pounds which surpass most of the competition.
- High Back Booster Weight: 30 to 100 pounds
- High Back Booster Height: 38 to 57 inches
- Backless Booster Weight: 45 to 110 pounds
- Boost Height Without Back: 39 to 57 inches
Will The Chicco KidFit Booster Support Work In My Auto?
Unfortunately, the broad base of the Chicco KidFit Booster might make it too large for a small compact car. You must measure your vehicle’s seat and compare it to the booster’s specs to determine fit. The cup holders can be collapsed or removed to create a better fit.
Some parents who have autos with bucket seats have reported problems so you might want to measure your seat before purchase. Alternately, in automobiles with third-row seating, the headrest might need extending to ensure a comfortable fit so you may need to exam the vehicle’s overall room.
Here are the specs on the Chicco KidFit Booster:
- Base width: 17 inches with the cup holders collapsed
- Back width: 19 inches at the height of shoulders
- Seat depth: 14 inches
- Belt guide range: 13 to 19.5 inches
- Seat weight: 10.2 pounds
Is The Chicco KidFit Booster Safe?
In 2015, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the KidFit their Best Choice award when it passed all the tests of the Hybrid III 6-year old child crash dummy. Also, it has no product recalls through the NHTSA. The Chicco KidFit ranked higher than most of its competition when it came to safety ratings.
Is The Chicco Kidfit Easy To Install?
As per the manufacturer’s instructions, you should use both the LATCH system and the auto’s safety belt to secure the booster even if your child is not in the seat. Furthermore, the LATCH system keeps the booster from becoming a projectile during an accident if you are traveling without your child in the vehicle.
Pros And Cons Of The Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Booster
When purchasing a booster seat for your child, you should always weigh out the pros and cons. Also, please remember that some seats might fit your needs better than others.
- Has 10 adjustable back heights
- Easy installation
- Easy to buckle your child into the booster
- Converts to a backless booster
- Reclines into two positions
- Fits various vehicle angles
- Machine washable armrests and seat pad
- Removal and collapsible cup holders
- LATCH attachments may not work in older vehicles
- Made in China
- Must use a seatbelt when the booster is in a high back mode, so you ensure secure safety