Safety glasses protect your eyes from potential hazards. Wood, dust, dirt, debris, and pollen all irritate the sensitive eyes, can scratch the cornea, and cause long term damage. Safety glasses are designed to offer optimum protection.
Whether for work, hobbies, or home DIY projects. Please continue reading to learn about the best safety glasses and what sets them apart from others. We have rounded up our top choices in safety glasses so you have a good idea of your options in eye protection.
- Top 10 Safety Glasses To Buy In 2020 Reviews
- 1 DEWALT Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
- 2 Jackson Safety V30 Nemesis Safety Glasses
- 3 Edge Eyewear TSKAP218 Kazbek
- 4 NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti Fog Scratch Resistant Wrap
- 5 JORESTECH Eyewear Protective Safety Glasses
- 6 Bison Life Safety Glasses
- 7 G & F 13017 EyePRO
- 8 Trust Optics Impact and Ballistic Resistant
- 9 Bolle Safety RUSH
- 10 Gateway Safety Cover2
- Safety Glasses Buying Guide
- Benefits of Safety Glasses
- Regulations of Safety Glasses
- The Best Safety Glasses
Top 10 Safety Glasses To Buy In 2020 Reviews
The following list of our leading choices for work or home. Please take the time to read the descriptions plus the numerous pros and cons before making your decision.
|(4.1 / 5)|
|(4.3 / 5)|
Edge Eyewear TSKAP218 Kazbek
|(4.4 / 5)|
|(4.5 / 5)|
|(4.4 / 5)|
Bison Life Safety Glasses
|(4.4 / 5)|
G & F 13017 EyePRO
|(4 / 5)|
|(4.6 / 5)|
Bolle Safety RUSH
|(4.7 / 5)|
Gateway Safety Cover2
|(4.5 / 5)|
1 DEWALT Concealer Clear Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggle
The Dewalt Concealers differ from glasses in the regard that they are more goggles, which gives them far greater staying power on your face and head. Instead of affixing to your face via standard ear hooks, they have a band that wraps around your head to hold them securely. You are free to move without worrying about your glasses slipping or falling off because the adjustable strap holds firm.
The lens has a clip system so you can remove them and reattach as needed. This feature is ideal for cleaning or lens replacement
These safety goggles come with two lens options; either clear or smoke. The lens feature hard-coating that resists scratches. The anti-fog feature keeps your vision clear even on a hot, humid day. The sides have ventilation channels that allow airflow so you face and eyelids don’t become hot and sweaty.
The soft rubber surround has the ability to mold nicely to your face. The adjustable head strap lets you tailor the diameter to fit any size skull which makes them wonderful for men or women.
2 Jackson Safety V30 Nemesis Safety Glasses
The Jackson Safety V30 Nemesis safety glasses do not look like your standard safety glasses. In fact, they look more like a pair of sporty adventure glasses. The lenses protect your eyes from all angles while looking stylish in mirrored colors. They are available in shades of clear, blue, and amber.
The lens not only protects your eyes from flying debris, but also provide superior UVA, UVB, and UVC protection. The tinted lenses also keep you from squinting your eyes in bright light.
At the end of the arms are slots that hold earplugs perfectly. The design of the glasses effectively channels sweat around for your eyes so no more burning or discomfort. The nose piece is flexible for enhanced comfort and to perch nicely on top of any sized nose.
The ergonomic wraparound design holds the glasses firmly on your head while in motion. You never to worry about slipping and sliding.
3 Edge Eyewear TSKAP218 Kazbek
Edge Eyewear features a polycarbonate lens that offers UV protection. The surface is scratch resistant so can hold up to work or everyday use. In addition, the lens is polarized to reduce glare and create a clearer view.
The lenses block over 99 percent of UV light so you can wear them outside with ease on yard projects. Anti-reflective ions have been infused in the mirrored surface to effectively and efficiently deflect light.
The wraparound design protects your eyes from flying debris that might shoot out from all directions. The style gives the safety glasses the appearance of stylish sunglasses so they can be worn anytime and anywhere. The frame is flexible and won’t break.
4 NoCry Safety Glasses with Clear Anti Fog Scratch Resistant Wrap
NoCry safety glasses will protect your eyes from not only direct hits but also peripheral. Additional protection includes almost 100 percent UV protection. The lenses have been double-double coasted to protect against fog and scratches.
The entire construction, lenses, and frame, are fashioned from polycarbonate. The frame has been designed to be comfortably worn for hours without discomfort.
5 JORESTECH Eyewear Protective Safety Glasses
The smoke colored lenses of the JORESTECH eyewear safety glasses protect your eyes from UVA and UVB rays. The lenses are made from a high transparency polycarbonate to create a very high impact resistant product. They are also scratch resistant.
The hi-flex frame helps hold the glasses in place. You don’t have to worry about them slipping and sliding on your face. They are ergonomically designed to wrap around the sides of your head for comfort.
6 Bison Life Safety Glasses
Bison Life safety glasses are fashioned from polycarbonate. The lenses are shatter resistant to provide optimum protection. There is also zero distortion.
The ultra lightweight design allows the glasses to sit nicely on your face. The non-slip features hold the glasses firmly in place so you are always safety compliant.
7 G & F 13017 EyePRO
The dark tinted lenses of the G & F 13017 EyePRO offers 99 percent UVA, UVB, and UVC resistance. They are ideal for working outdoors or hunting in strong sunlight.
The glasses are designed with a sleek look that is stylish. No one will realize that you are wearing safety glasses instead of standard sunglasses.
8 Trust Optics Impact and Ballistic Resistant
The lenses of the Trust Optics safety glasses are 100 percent UV resistant. The frames come in assorted colors to fit any taste or style. The lenses are completely clear.
They Trust Optics manufacturer boasts that their glasses are 10 times stronger than other comparable models. The lightweight polycarbonate design is comfortable and does not weight down your face so you can wear them for hours.
9 Bolle Safety RUSH
The Bolle Safety RUSH is very trendy and stylish. People probably won’t even realize that you are wearing a pair of safety glasses.
They are 99.9 percent UV ray resistant so you can wear them outdoors. The lenses are not tinted
The frame has been co-injected to make the temples flexible for a comfortable fit. The glasses will not slip on your face but be held firmly in place.
10 Gateway Safety Cover2
The Gateway Safety Cover2 glasses are made from polycarbonate. They are designed to fit over most prescription glasses. There are adjustable length temples so you can custom fit the glasses to your unique needs.
Highly impact resistant. These glasses are ideal for indoor use in a shop or manufacturing setting.
The above ten safety glass choices are the top-of-the-line. You’ll probably be challenged to pick a pair. Here is a brief outline to help you make your choice.
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: For outdoor use, you might want to consider purchasing safety glasses that feature tented lenses. Tinted glass can serve the dual purpose of safety and sun dimming. UV protection is another deciding factor when exposing your eyes to the harsh glare of the sun.
- Protection Level: Without a doubt, some glasses offer far greater protection than others. Our first place choice, the Dewalt Concealer Clear, function as goggles so you never have to worry about them falling off your face. They offer all-around protection.
- Style: Some people care about the appearance of their safety glasses as well as the function. A stylish pair can double as sunglasses.
- Price: Remember, you cannot put a price on safety. Most safety glasses are highly affordable and well worth the investment.
Here is a list of the important benefits of a well-made pair of safety glasses.
- Keeps flying debris out of your eyes.
- Safety glasses have the ability to stand up to the flying debris to protect your eyes from impact.
- Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Designers have now created glasses that you can wear comfortably. Some models even slip over prescription glasses.
- Virtually all eye injuries can be prevented by safety glasses.
Safety glasses are regulated by international organizations so that you know you are always purchasing a quality product. In the United States, safety glasses must conform to all ANSI Z87 (American National Standards Institute) standards. In Canada, all safety glasses should meet the standards of CSA Z94. Australia, Europe, and Asia also have regulating organizations
Without a doubt, the best safety glasses are manufactured from polycarbonate and are completely shatter resistant. The design helps make the lenses stand up to flying debris.
Lens Options in Safety Glasses
Here are a few considerations for lenses in safety glasses:
- Clear: These can be used indoors or outdoors. However, they do not shade your eyes from the sun. Although, some do offer UV protection.
- Smoky Grey: The smoky gray coloration shields the eyes from bright outdoor conditions.
- Dark Grey: The dark grey holds up against very bright light.
- Silver Mirror: Silver mirror coated safety glasses are designed to be used indoors or outdoors. They are perfect if you move indoors and outdoors frequently throughout the day.
- Anti-fog Coating: The best safety glasses have an anti-fog coating that prevents condensation from building up.