This article may contain affiliate links. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The repair of fuel tanks is costly; therefore, shouldn’t you try sealing it instead of buying a new tank?
There are a number of best motorcycle tank sealers to help your old gas tank last longer. All you need to do is decide which one to use and apply the formula properly.
So, let’s go through our review of the best motorbike tank sealers and find the perfect product for your needs…
- Top 4 Best Motorcycle Tank Sealer On The Market 2020 Reviews
- Tips for Using a Motorcycle Tank Sealer
- So, what is the Best Motorcycle Tank Sealer?
Top 4 Best Motorcycle Tank Sealer On The Market 2020 Reviews
1 KBS Coatings 53000 Auto Fuel Tank Sealer Kit
We’ll start with this KBS Auto Tank sealer kit, which has been designed to prolong your fuel tank ‘s life while preventing leakage. It’s a great option and contains everything you need to clean, prepare, and permanently seal any tank up to 25-gallons in size, comes in the pack.
A simple three-step procedure…
Use the KBS AquaKlean to clean and degrease your tank completely. Then use the KBS RustBlast to remove rust and to create a good adhesive surface. And the final step is to apply the KBS Gold Standard tank sealer, which prevents corrosion and rust, as well as sealing seams and pinholes permanently.
The KBS Gold Standard guarantees a long-lasting finish and still remains versatile enough to withstand vibration, expansion, and pressure. The sealant penetrates the walls of the tank and galvanizes it, creating a dynamic, moisture-resistant shield.
KBS Coatings 53000 Auto Sealer Tank Kits is also safe for the environment. Simply follow the instructions carefully for a permanently sealed rust-free fuel tank!
- Comprehensive instructions and several videos available online.
- Smooth and long-lasting finish.
- Everything you need is included.
- Scans pinhole and welding seams.
- Prevents corrosion and rust.
- Expands and contracts for longevity.
- Not suitable for biodiesel fuel use.
- Not suitable for plastic or fiberglass motorcycle tanks.
2 POR-15 49216 Fuel Tank Sealer
The POR-15 is great for sealing leaks. Not only that, but it also prevents future rusting, corrosion, pinhole, and seam formation by creating a light gray non-porous flexible film within your tank.
This best tank sealer for motorbike is immune to any type of fuel. It is even powerful enough to resist alcohol-containing modern phase II fuels. And is known for its long-lasting abilities.
Remove all the rust in your motorcycle gas tank by mixing it with muriatic acid. Throw in some bolts with some elbow grease. Shake thoroughly.
Sold in an 8-ounce bowl, it is ideal for a single user, even if you have a large tank. A little POR-15 goes a long way…
When you take the time to apply it properly, it works well and completely seals the tank.
- Resistant to fuel, solvents, alcohol, and additives.
- Continually stops rust, leaks, and corrosion.
- Dark gray to see it inside the tank.
- Seals pinholes and seams.
- Bonds to metal surfaces chemically for longevity.
- Sticky and messy, so don’t spill it because it doesn’t come off easily.
- Takes a couple of days to dry.
3 Eastwood Steel Aluminum Fiberglass Gas Diesel Tank Motorcycles Sealer Kit
The Eastwood Steel motorcycle sealer kit has been specially designed to remove all corrosion and rust. It also prevents further rusting once applied. And the package includes all you need for the removal and dressing of a tank of up to 12 gallons.
This best motorcycle tank sealer can also strip past liners or coaters. After application, it gives your tank a permanent silver metallic coating, and all chemicals, oils, and certain solvents of alcohol are impermeable to this coat.
Goes the distance…
The Eastwood kit is also very long-lasting and is flexible enough to expand and contract.
Able to withstand nearly 500 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures, it is an all-rounder. Even better, it’s an environmentally friendly product that is not flammable. It also doesn’t contain methyl ethyl ketone, so is relatively safe for use by novices.
- Easy to use.
- Works on different surfaces.
- Thin so that it can penetrate small cracks.
- Prevents rust and corrosion.
- Not the best option for bike owners with a large tank size, unless you buy two.
4 KREEM Gas Tank Sealer Kit
The Kreem Fuel Tank Liner is a preventative maintenance product. It is intended for use in new or old metal and fiberglass tanks and works with petrol, gasoline, or diesel engines.
With its special composition, this best motorbike tank sealer prevents leakage from hairline cracks and pinholes. And one pint of sealant will coat a tank of up to 12 gallons in size.
With the advanced Kreem formulation, you get a higher adhesion and a quicker setup time.
This progression formula was developed and tested to support the majority of octane boosters. With Kreem Gas Tank Sealant, you will have no problems using gasohol, methyl, or ethyl alcohol in your tank.
- Versatile and practical.
- Hard to remove from your skin, so wear latex gloves during application.
- Strong smell, so you need to wear a mask.
Tips for Using a Motorcycle Tank Sealer
- Shut down your motorcycle, remove the gas tank, and drain the fuel.
- Thoroughly wash the tank.
- Then tape every hole in the tank except the one you are using to pour in the sealer.
- Pour in the sealer as specified in the instructions.
- Then tape the entry hole to ensure the sealer covers the entire interior.
- Leave for the instructed amount of time then drain any excess.
- Next, ensure the tank drys completely; this can take 8-24 hours and will be indicated in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Reassemble your gas tank and put it on your bike.
Looking for some more great products for your bike?
If so, check out our reviews of the Best Motorcycle Phone Mounts, the Best Motorcycle Radios, the Best Motorcycle Disc Locks, the Best Motorcycle Tank Bags, and the Best Motorcycle Seat Pads currently available.
So, what is the Best Motorcycle Tank Sealer?
Well, with so many great products to choose from, this was a tough choice, but the…
KBS Coatings 53000 Auto Fuel Tank Sealer Kit
…is our pick for the best tank sealer for motorcycle. Everything you need is included, and it will permanently take care of pinholes and seams.
Otherwise, you could go for the…
Eastwood Steel Aluminum Fiberglass Gas Diesel Tank Motorcycles Sealer Kit
This is a more budget-friendly alternative and is also user and environmentally friendly. It’s a great option for bikers who like to work on their motorcycles by themselves!
Take care of your bike and happy rides.