Are you an offroad enthusiast or do you just love the rugged look of a 4×4 sporting a bumper guard? Even if the tires of your vehicle have never touched mud, your auto can still benefit from the protection of the bumper guard shield for the front or the back, especially if you regularly park in parking garages or other crowded lots where parked car damage typically occurs.
The bumper guards featured here fit most autos. They are not designed for a full impact collision, but rather a standard fender bender. Please continue reading to learn more about the various types of bumper guards.
- Top 10 Best Bumper Guards To Buy Of 2020 Reviews
- 1 Bumper Bully Extreme With Anti-theft Steel Reinforced Straps
- 2 BumpShox XL – Front Car Bumper Protection
- 3 Parking Armor 4/8 With Steel Reinforced Straps to Prevent Theft
- 4 Bumper Thumper Ultimate Complete Coverage Front Bumper Guard
- 5 BumperBadger HD EDITION – 2016 New Design
- 6 Plate Pocket by BumpTek (Extreme Edition)
- 7 MetroBumper Heavy Duty Outdoor Rear Bumper Guard
- 8 BumperX Bumper Protection & Guard
- 9 Pacer Performance 25-500 Black
- 10 4Bumpers DUO – License Plate Frame
- Buyer’s Guide: Choosing The Correct Bumper Guard
Top 10 Best Bumper Guards To Buy Of 2020 Reviews
1 Bumper Bully Extreme With Anti-theft Steel Reinforced Straps
This bumper guard features a protection area of 46 inches by 12 inches. It has high-intensity safety reflectors to make your vehicle even more visible on the road and during an emergency.
The steel reinforced straps on this bumper guard help prevent theft. You never have to worry about leaving your car alone and coming back to see that it has been removed.
The Bumper Bully Extreme is made from a premium grade rubber material that is PVC free. In addition, the stabilizer bars are patented. They provide strong stability across the top to prevent the bumper guard from folding backward. Your bumper is never exposed to this model.
The shape of the Bumper Bully has been crafted to offer nice lines so it looks good on all vehicles. The wider size provides maximum protection. The lower portion of the guard tapers inward so the exhaust is never obstructed.
This bumper guard has been fashioned from premium grade material that is an elastic rubber. It is not PVD, but superior premium grade soft material that bends and flexes while offering protection.
2 BumpShox XL – Front Car Bumper Protection
The BumpShox XL is a front end bumper guard. It measures 14 inches by 8.5 inches which is comparable to a standard license plate frame. The thickness is a modest 2.25 inches.
The guard is constructed from V Tech All Weather foam. It does not crack and can withstand harsh weather extremes. In addition, unlike steel guards, it will not rust or discolor. The black surface always looks pristine.
A unique pyramid design has very steep angles. This specially engineered bumper guard flexes but also absorbs.
The smooth surface of the bumper guards has no screw holes or protrusions. It offers flexibility with maximum shock absorbency. Your vehicle’s front end will have ample protection from dents or scratches. You never have to worry about another vehicle back into you again.
3 Parking Armor 4/8 With Steel Reinforced Straps to Prevent Theft
Fashioned from a premium weather-resistant rubber material, the Parking Armor 4/8 absorbs and protects during an impact. In addition, it has a 2-inch foam core that is high-density for even further protection. Across the surface is an ULTRA BRITE silver safety strip to increase visibility.
The bumper protection area measures 48 inches by 12 inches. It has soft anti-skid foam backs that are located behind the trunk straps. The guard does not mar or hurt the auto’s paint or surface.
The design of the Parking Armor bumper guards offers flex protection around the contours of your bumper. It bends and encases to provide full safety. There are anti-theft steel reinforced straps that secure the guard in place via the trunk.
4 Bumper Thumper Ultimate Complete Coverage Front Bumper Guard
The Bumper Thumper features a license plate frame design. It is over two inches thick and measures 15 inches wide by 7 inches tall. The device does not obstruct your license plate in any way.
The guard features a patent-pending flexible frame design that protects not only the front of your vehicle but also the license plate. The absorbing frame offers weather resistance and does not rust. It has firm stainless steel reinforced rigidity.
The universal fit has various maintain screw locations spread out about six to eight inches so you can tailor the guard to the car. Place it over the bumper or the factory license plate mounting bracket.
The discreet guard has no flashy logos or anything to attract the line. It has a streamlined appearance that is very discreet.
5 BumperBadger HD EDITION – 2016 New Design
The BumperBader has top stabilizer bars which help hold and secure the guard flat against the bumper. It is made of a premium all-weather material that does not rust. The raised ribs that are emblazoned on the surface help provide cushioning for minor bumps such as those sustained while parking.
The protection zone on the BumperBader measures 46 inches by 12 inches tall. The trunk straps are triple stitched to hold the device in place.
This bumper guard is designed for park cars. It does not work during an on-the-road collision.
6 Plate Pocket by BumpTek (Extreme Edition)
This BumpTek plate bumper protector is made with a patent-pending Kangaroo Pouch design. You simply slide your license plate into the pouch for protection. It has only two screws needed for installation.
The extra this cushioned material protects against bumps. The all-weather material does not become brittle in cold weather or crack in excessive heat.
The BumpTek has a sleek design that does not stand out in contrast against your auto. Most people won’t even notice the discreet cushioned device. It can be used in the front or back bumper.
7 MetroBumper Heavy Duty Outdoor Rear Bumper Guard
The MetroBumper is formed from all weather material. It measures 42 inches by 12 inches. The raised impact ridges effectively absorb impact shock.
This bumper guard comes with triple stitched trunk security straps to hold the device firmly over your bumper. The straps are soft foam so they will not damage your paint. The straps are a two-tone silver so will easily match any paint job.
8 BumperX Bumper Protection & Guard
The BumperX is a peel and stick guard. It is made from a premium EPDM, which is a very soft and flexible rubber material. It can hold up to even a hard impact.
The guard comes with 3 M adhesive tape to adhere to your car’s plastic or metal bumper. It is resistant to UV rays and will hold firmly on any surface. It acts almost like a protective layer f skin for your vehicle.
The bumper guard measure 6 inches by 62 inches long. You can trim the material to fit your bumper’s unique shape. It works great at preventing scratches or dents. The guard comes in solid black.
9 Pacer Performance 25-500 Black
The Pacer Performance bumper guard adheres with 3M tape. It has a heavy duty serrated design that holds up to impacts. It is ideal for truck bumpers.
The bumper guard measures 7/8 inches thick, 2-3/8 inches wide and 28-1/2 inches long. The finish is a nice black satin that fits all auto colors. The guard comes as a pair.
10 4Bumpers DUO – License Plate Frame
The 4Bumpers Duo is a solid license plate frame that attaches in the license plate area of the vehicle. It is quick and easy to install. Your license plate fits snugly in the frame.
The patented design helps to protect against everyday dings and scrapes. It has two-inch bumpers that protrude past the license plate’s surface.
All of the products from 4Bumpers are made in the USA. You can expect quality materials and craftsmanship. It has a zinc coating under the powder coating to protect against rust.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing The Correct Bumper Guard
You are going to want a durable bumper guard that looks good and holds up to the rugged road and crazy parking garage conditions. The bumper guard should have a sturdy design that has been engineered with precision. Also, always check to make sure features durable material.
Bumper Guard Considerations
- Materials: A bumper guard serves the purpose of protecting your grill from impacts, so you will want a material that isn’t flimsy. In addition, the guard’s design should stop brush, rocks, and other materials from scratching your paint job. Without a doubt, the resiliency of the bumper guard holds up and protects due to the material which should be a combination of steel or hard rubber.
- Protection: Each bumper guard is designed to offer varying levels of protection for your rig. Some will prevent dings and scratch, but others will stand up to hard impacts from boulders, trees, and stumps. Each of the bumper guards listed here has varying levels of protection to fit your needs and budget.
- Covered area: You must determine how much of your vehicle’s area is covered by the bumper guard. Some people will want full coverage but others might just want a small guard that fits over the license plate area to protect against bumps. Please remember, the guard’s primary purpose is to protect your car from an impact, but many are designed with looks in mind.
- Durability: The bumper guard must offer optimum durability and stand up to the exposed elements without failing. Remember, it is going to come into contact with a wide array of materials kicked up on the roadways. If the bumper guard is located on the front of an SUV you might hit brush, but a bumper guard located on the rear end of the car will protect your vehicle from a fender bender.