In this article, we will run through the ten best air suspension kits currently available. Reviewing each of the kit’s Pros and Cons, and whether the suspension kit could suit your needs or not!
Let’s start by asking why would you choose to add one of these kits in the first place? Well for the most part, maybe you’re current factory suspension isn’t quite cutting it! Or maybe, you just need a smoother or more stable ride?
Whatever your reasons for needing air suspension, there are some important factors to think about…
The first is, what type of vehicle are you hoping to use your new suspension for? For example, some kits will suit heavy loading vehicles such as trucks or 4x4s. While other kits will suit sportier vehicles, whereby the owner may want to lower their suspension.
In this article, we mainly focus on suspension for trucks and for dealing with heavy loads or towing.
Also given the huge quantity of air suspension kits on the market now, it can be extremely daunting knowing what to choose and why! Ultimately, you should put a lot of thought into adding new suspension to your vehicle. And we’re here to hopefully make your life that little bit easier.
So, let’s go through them and find out which of these best Air Suspension Kits is the perfect one for you…
- Top 10 Best Air Suspension Kits In 2020 Reviews
- 1 Air Lift 57215 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
- 2 Firestone Ride-Rite 2550 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Kit
- 3 Air Lift 57275 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
- 4 Air Lift 60769 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
- 5 Air Lift 57295 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
- 6 Air Lift Company 57398 LoadLifter 5000 Ford
- 7 Timbren FR350SDF Suspension Enhancement System
- 8 Air Lift 57204 Standard LoadLifter 5000 Adjustable Air Springs-2WD
- 9 Firestone W21-760-2299 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring
- 10 Firestone W21-760-2071 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring
- Best Air Suspension Kit Buyer’s Guide
Top 10 Best Air Suspension Kits In 2020 Reviews
1 Air Lift 57215 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
First on our list is the Air Lift 57215 LoadLifter 5000 Series, which we think ideally is suited for trucks and large loading type vehicles.
What’s great about this piece of kit, is that it’s fairly easy to install. There is probably the need for you to get your hands a little bit dirty whilst installing the suspension, but we think it will be definitely worth the effort!
This kit ideally will suit the heavy load lifting. However, if you are looking to raise the height of your truck or vehicle, this is most likely not the best choice. Plus, it should be considered that without any load, this suspension might not ride so well.
So what do you get?
This kit comes with fully adjustable air springs which will level out your ride very nicely when carrying heavy loads. This will make your ride safer and more comfortable.
It’s also claimed that any bottoming out, or sagging will be prevented when load carrying. And your overall breaking and control of your vehicle should be improved once installed as well.
If you’re looking for a sturdy, durable and long-lasting air suspension kit that will carry those heavy loads, this is a really good bet! With up to 5,000 pounds of leveling capacity, look forward to a smoother and less worrying load bearing experience.
- Perfect for leveling out your vehicle with heavy loads.
- Sturdy and durable design.
- Load leveling capacity of up to 5,000 pounds.
- Makes for a more comfortable and safer ride.
- Instructions are easy to follow.
- Easily installed.
- Good pricing for what you get!
- Not made for raising your vehicle’s height.
- Not made to lower your suspension.
- Will not install if you have a gooseneck hitch in the truck’s bed.
2 Firestone Ride-Rite 2550 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Kit
Next up we have the Firestone Ride-Rite 2550, coming in at slightly higher price range than the previous suspension kit reviewed.
So, let’s see what you get…
Well, first off, it should be mentioned that this kit is very easy to install, and it has been designed to fit various types of trucks and other vehicles. It comes with several parts, whereby some parts will most likely be left over because they are meant to be used on other vehicles.
The parts included in this kit are brackets, air helper springs, all the hardware, the air line, and inflation valves. Plus, there should be absolutely no drilling needed when setting up, and there is a full warranty included.
One thing to take into account is that if you have any modifications to your exhaust, the suspension kit might be difficult to fit, or it might not even fit all.
However, in general, we like this set, and it is another great piece of kit to use on trucks or just larger vehicles as a whole.
- Easy installation
- Very adaptable to numerous makes and models of trucks and vehicles.
- An abundance of parts to use.
- Warranty included.
- No drilling needed.
- Doesn’t fit well if there are exhaust modifications.
- With some vehicles, the bracket might need resizing.
- You could face sizing issues with other parts, depending on your vehicle type or model.
- It’s slightly pricier than other kits that do a similar job.
3 Air Lift 57275 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
We stumbled across another Air Lift design, as we were quite impressed with the previous suspension kit we looked at from this brand.
The Air Lift 57275 5000 Series, is made specifically for the rear of your vehicle and is designed really to be utilized for towing and hauling.
But why just choose a rear air spring kit…
Well, the main reason is, it should theoretically level out your vehicle when you are towing or hauling larger loads at your rear end – and this Air Lift 57275 5000 Series claims to do so!
With air springs that can be fully adjusted when you need to tow or lift heavy goods, you have the best of both worlds really, making for a safer overall ride.
Also, when using the spring air system, you’re much less likely to experience vehicle sagging, or your rear end bottoming out. And another thought is that over longer periods, you’ll find your tires not wearing out unevenly.
Well worth it…
As a whole, we think this a good little deal, which has easy to follow instructions and is easily installed. Not to mention, it also allows for 5,000 pounds of leveling capacity.
- Fully adjustable air springs, to fit with different loads or none at all.
- Rear end and sagging reduction.
- 5,000 pounds of leveling capacity.
- Tires should wear more evenly.
- Easily understood instructions.
- Easily installed.
- Only for the rear end wheels.
- May have some small issues installing on the driver side.
- For just a rear kit, it is slightly pricier than expected.
- The kit is not designed for raising or lowering your ride.
4 Air Lift 60769 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
So, for the next suspension kit, we thought we’d look at something more on the budget end side of things. And we were pleasantly surprised at what’s available in such an inexpensive price range!
Again, we come back to the Air Lift brand, as so far it’s shown itself to offer great value for money. And, this Air Lift 606769 1000 Series, really does hold up a great bargain!
But, that’s not all…
This rear spring set up should be incredibly easy to install, using just common everyday tools that most people have lying around. What’s more, it will fit most open coil spring designs for both front and back – so if you want all for springs fitted on your vehicle, it shouldn’t be much of an issue.
Customize your ride!
Even at such a low cost, this bit of kit does allow you to tune the springs to your own personal desired feel, by adjusting the air pressures inside the springs. Plus, one more extra bonus, which most customers will be grateful – is that there should be no need for any drilling!
One more food for thought, if your factory shocks have failed, these air springs could be a great replacement alternative that could save you a lot of money.
- Extremely cheap for what you get quality-wise.
- Very easily installed.
- Can use basic everyday tools that most people have lying around.
- Will fit most open coil spring designs.
- Cheaper alternative to replacing with factory shocks.
- The directions can possibly make them more confusing to install.
- High jack stands might be needed to support your truck’s frame.
- Installing the metal retainer clips on the bags can be tricky.
- May not be effective with extra heavy loads.
5 Air Lift 57295 LoadLifter 5000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
Moving on, we come to yet another Air Lift air suspension kit, because we love them so much! Here is the Air Lift 57295 LoadLifter 5000, another great load lifting set of springs for us to ogle at!
So, why choose this air suspension kit?
One difference this kit has among the other kits we’ve reviewed is, it features air lift roll plates which protect the air springs. Plus, the design is made, so that the springs do not interfere with the in-bed hitches. Also, you get the option of changing the PSI levels from 5-100 – so essentially you’ve got some nice control here.
Another great aspect to this set up, is that Air Lift has tried to make the installation process easy and fast, with a claimed under two hour installation time. Also, there is no drilling is required when you are setting up the suspension kit.
Sets it apart from the rest…
If you’re looking for an easily installed, and fairly priced load lifting air suspension kit, we really like this rear end set up. Plus, the key feature of airlift roll plates really sets this kit apart from the rest!
- Heavy load-bearing air suspension kit.
- Air lift roll plates for spring protection.
- Adjustable PSI levels.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Good pricing.
- Watch out for airbag leakages.
- Only for the rear suspension.
- Possible lack of hardware for some vehicle types.
6 Air Lift Company 57398 LoadLifter 5000 Ford
Again as we look at another Air Lift product, we’d like to explore a little deeper into what the company wants to achieve with their LoadLifter designs, and specifically this LoadLifter 5000.
Feel safer and more confident…
With all LoadLifters from Airlift, you get excellent weight distribution, which improves braking, steering, and the wearing of your tires. As well, if you are using a trailer, these springs will limit trailer sway.
Overall your driving experience will improve, due to Air Lifts specially designed progressive rate shocks, which will absorb all that nasty terrain you may find yourself on. And finally, you’re most likely to feel a lot more stability, and the feeling that your vehicle may not body roll so easily.
The only real issue we had with this suspension kit, was that the instructions were slightly harder than usual to follow – apart from this, another great product from Air Lift!
- Excellent weight distribution technology.
- Improved braking and steering.
- Even tire wear.
- Good shock absorption for rough terrain.
- Increases vehicle stability.
- Very high-quality product.
- Instructions are slightly confusing and difficult to follow.
- Slightly more expensive for what you get, then other similar products in this price range.
7 Timbren FR350SDF Suspension Enhancement System
Now finally, we move away from the Air Lift products and move on to the Timbren FR350SDF Suspension Enhancement System, which from the outset, looks like a very sturdy piece of kit!
If you are looking to get rid of suspension sagging and wanted a more cushioned ride, then Timbren has designed this system for your needs.
And there’s more…
As well, this Timbren suspension kit improves your roll stability and reduces swaying. And, with it being very easy to install with just basic tools that you’ll most likely have lying around in the garage, the name of the game here is an easy, ready to go, yet effective suspension kit.
And it’s good to know that Timbren has been leaders in rubber spring technology for decades.
- Eliminates sagging.
- Increases ride cushioning.
- Improves roll stability.
- Anti-sway technology.
- Easily installed.
- Timbren is reputable for its rubber spring technology.
- Bolts may need replacing from time to time.
- The instructions could have been written with more clarity.
- Could make for a stiffer ride without any loading.
8 Air Lift 57204 Standard LoadLifter 5000 Adjustable Air Springs-2WD
Because we love them so very much, here’s another great Air Lift product. And this one will work with two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive vehicles, as well as working with other specified vehicle types.
Which vehicle brands will these springs work with?
Air Lift has stated that these air springs will work especially well with a Chevrolet Silverado 1500, or a GMC Sierra 1500 – though we’re sure they’ll work well with a multitude of other vehicles.
So whether you’re pulling a boat, a trailer, a horsebox or just carrying heavy loads on a regular basis, here is a great set up that’ll stabilize your vehicle and whatever you’re carrying or towing.
Adjusted to your specific needs…
Like the other Air lift springs, these are made so that they can be adjusted to your specific needs. Say, for example, you are preparing for a trip with your trailer, you can change your usual suspension settings to compensate for the extra strain of pulling a trailer.
- Made for 2 and 4 wheel drive vehicles.
- Specifically good for Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500.
- Stabilizes your vehicle and trailer very well.
- Adjustable air suspension springs.
- Powerful lifting capabilities.
- Reasonably priced.
- May not work as well with all vehicle types.
- Limited information on how to set up and installation options.
9 Firestone W21-760-2299 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring
The Firestone W21-760-2299 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring is the second Firestone branded kit we’ve checked out, among our best air suspension spring review items.
And, first impressions show us that these springs would be ideal for lighter trucks and vehicles – it’s not meant to be a very heavy loader, unlike some of the other springs we’ve looked at.
Technology with a difference…
The Ride-Rite helper springs offer a different type of technology to the usual springs out there – they use tapered style air springs to balance out your ride effectively, and they’re capable of a 3000-5000 pound load capacity.
What’s great about these springs is that they can be easily installed onto most light trucks, vans, and RVs. The springs are installed in-between the suspension frame. And provide load support through the utilization of air pressure.
- Very quick installation time.
- Will fit on most light trucks, vans, and RVs.
- Uses tapered style air springs.
- Capable of dealing with loads from 3000-5000 pounds.
- Provide load support through air pressure.
- Simple and easy instructions to follow.
- You’ll have to be aware of overloading your vehicle.
- Power tools may be needed for a quicker and more effective installation.
- A lot of tubing to deal with.
10 Firestone W21-760-2071 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring
For the final air suspension review, let’s take a look at another Firestone product. Here we have the Firestone W21-760-2071 Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring, and this set has a few suggested vehicles that it’ll be suited for.
Which vehicles will work best with these springs?
Vehicles that suit this set of springs include 1973-1987 Chevrolet or GMC pick-up trucks with 2 wheel drive only. Also 1969-2002 Dodge pick-up trucks – to get the full details, check with your chosen retailer by messaging them.
It should also be noted that these springs are not exclusively designed for the vehicles listed above, and they will actually fit most vans, RVs and light trucks, as claimed by Firestone themselves.
And, there’s more…
These air springs are also capable of load carrying between 3000-5000 pounds of weight. It is advised not to load any more than the recommendations given by Firestone, as it could certainly cause you some safety issues and mechanical failures.
- 3000-5000 pound loading capacity.
- Work very well with certain Chevrolet and GMC pick-up truck models.
- Positioned in an excellent price range, for what you get!
- Great for lighter trucks, vans, and RVs.
- Comes with solid hardware.
- Good sway reduction.
- These springs are not designed for extreme loads.
- Not suited for all four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Instructions can be confusing.
Best Air Suspension Kit Buyer’s Guide
After looking through all ten of our selected best air suspension kits, we’d now like to run through a quick buyer’s guide to hopefully help you make a more informed and better choice, before you part with your hard earned dollars.
One main consideration which we think is important to mention, is that all of the kits we’ve reviewed are either for heavy load bearing activities, or for stabilizing your vehicle in a better way.